Important tips for choosing your perfect wedding gown
Yeah, literally every bride out there has the image of a perfect wedding dress stuck in her head to wow every guest and most especially the groom. While picking out a wedding dress, many factors need to be considered and there are actually careful steps to walk through. Here are actually ten tips/steps for choosing your wedding dress that could help guide you to the perfect wedding dress.
1. BODY TYPE: What shape do you come in? Do you have a big bust or small ones? Are you tall or petite? Are you a plus-size or slim-size? All these factors really should come into play while picking up a wedding dress, because acknowledging them might just help find you the right fit. Here are some tips on how to shop for a wedding dress for some sizes.
For instance, if you have are pear-shaped (small bust with wide and shapely hips) it is advisable to go for a dress with an A-line fit. An A-line skirt is a skirt that is fitted at the hips and gradually widens towards the hem, with its flare skirt therefore giving the impression of the shape of a capital letter A. You would want to avoid much embellishments or decorations to avoid your hips from looking larger than they already are.
If you have a big bust, you should go for a dress that fits at the top and is very supportive. A built-in corset is actually preferable for those with big busts for it could give you the perfect look that you dream of. You could also get a strapless gown but just make sure that you are comfortable on that day. You could also consider going for a square-necked gown that could help accentuate your assets without revealing too much.
For plus-sized women, empire dresses are advisable to go for. Empire gowns have a fitted bodice ending just below the bust that gives a high-waisted appearance and a gathered skirt which is long and loosely fitting.
An empire look also goes with the petite ladies, giving an appearance of long legs. But avoid any gown with horizontal elements, but consider vertical details like a plunging neckline.
All these are a just little tips for certain shapes and sizes on how to pick your wedding gowns. By now I am sure you understand why knowing your body types, so you can get your desired perfect wedding look.
2. YOUR WARDROBE: So besides knowing your body type and what suits it, another way to have an idea on how to pick our wedding dress is to check your closet. Okay, let me explain this. Of course, you do have at least five gowns (at leeeeeeast) in your closet and you definitely do get compliments on some of the gowns you own and so you do not need a soothsayer to tell you the shape of that dress suits you. Now sister, you know you could just copy that style and if possible add a little freestyle (a little! You do not want to add unnecessary embellishments) to it. Make sure you use a renowned or trusted fashion designer who would not disappoint you at the end of the day. A way to find the best cut is to know your simple assets. For instance, if you have well-toned arms, you could go for a sleeveless gown. Also, avoid showing too much legs so your gown does not appear less formal.
3. EARLY ARRANGEMENTS: It is very important to start planning your wedding gown at least three months before the wedding date to avoid hurried decisions that could lead to future disasters. If you are buying a gown, make appointments with the seller at least once in a week till you finally decide on what to buy. If you are sewing one, with the help of the seamstress, you could decide on what to sew. However you choose, just make sure to start early sis.
4. FAMILY AND FRIENDS: Another way to choose the perfect wedding gown is to enlist the help of trusted family members and friends who could help you choose from the obviously varying choices out there. I mean, no man is an island.
5. VEILS: Veils are classic accompaniments with wedding gowns. You decide if you want a veil and if you do, make sure to use what matches your wedding gown. It is advisable to buy your wedding gown rather than sew it if you do want a veil. It would be more professional that way so you could easily find a veil that suits what you are wearing.
6. YOU: The wedding is yours. I mean it is your day. So what do you want? What would make you comfortable? What do you feel is best for you? So just go with your instincts. You do know what is best for you, trust me. Lastly, you would make a beautiful bride you know? Be confident in your body, no matter what your shape or size is. Feel beautiful and look beautiful.