Seven tips on how to look beautiful and confident wearing no makeup
Now I am definitely not against make-up, Nah, far from it. I am an ardent lover. But the truth is, lots of ladies do not feel comfortable in their natural skin. Many girls have to wear that concealer just to get to the grocery store. Many ladies just believe they have to always wear makeup before they look beautiful or to cover those pores up. Believe me sister, it is actually very possible to slay in your natural look; it all depends on ardent maintenance of your skin. All you need is discipline and determination, and believe me some of the tips I would share with would not cost you much or put a strain on your pocket. Follow these tips and wearing slaying your natural look while going to certain occasions could just be a backup plan.
1. WATER: Now this is definitely the first thing your face needs. This might sound a bit cliché, but believe me lots of water is actually good for the skin and especially the face and it is advisable to always wash the face twice a day or more. Doing this would help remove dirt from the face/body and washing the face at night also helps to avoid any accumulation of dirt or germs. The thing is, your own skin is covered in a layer of dead skin cells, bacteria, pollutants, viruses and dirt. (In fact, every single day you shed about 50 million dead skin cells. And that layer will get thicker over time unless you take drastic action and wash your face twice a day. Washing our faces not only gets rid of various antigens (tiny unwanted foreign invaders), it also provides our skin much-needed hydration. With all of this information you might get tempted to wash your face more than twice a day. Don’t! Washing your face more than twice a day could only lead to your face looking dry and brittle, therefore leading to it looking bad rather than better, and that is definitely not our aim here. If your face just lacks enough water, you just might not be able to slay with your natural look. Drinking plenty of water is important as well since it helps to flush out harmful toxins which can cause you to break out, it also keeps your skin well hydrated resulting in less dryness and a better glow.
2. MOISTURIZER: In addition to the fastidious water therapy, moisturizing the face every time the face is washed also helps. It is advisable to go for products that are well-suited for your skin. For instance if you have an oily skin, it is advisable to go for less oily moisturizing products. And if it is a dry screen you have, then products with more oil substances like shea butter, etc is advised. Balance is required. Doing this along with after step one day and night would help add a healthy sheen and glow to your face thereby making you look more beautiful and you just would be able to rock that natural look.
3. EXFOLIATION: Okay let me introduce to you what ‘exfoilation’ means and why it is necessary to exfoliate your skin to give it the desired natural sheen and glow. First of all, you should know that when old skin cells begin to pile up on the surface of the skin, it would lead to the skin looking rough, tough and dry. Also, the pile-up of dried cells could lead to clogged pores which would result in blemishes and acne that would make the face look normally irritable. Now this is where exfoliation comes in. It is important to exfoliate your face once in a week if you want to have a very shiny and healthy glow. Exfoliating cleansers can be seen in various supermarkets. Now note, it is important that you do not over-do it. Let it be once a week.
4. PILLOWS AND SHEETS: Now would it not just be ironic after applying step 1 technique which is washing your face with water day and night, and you go to sleep on a dirty pillowcase? Believe me sister, it would be a waste of time. It is important to wash our pillowcases and sheets often to avoid having more dirt on our face.
5. SUNSCREEN: Sunscreen is needed when you want to always slay in your natural look, i.e look very beautiful, especially during the dry season. Too much sun is really not good and healthy for the face and skin generally. Exposure to sun causes most wrinkles and age spots on our face, so it is necessary to apply sunscreen on our face before going out, given the sensitive nature of our facial skin and its exposure to UV rays.
6. YOUR BROWS: It is essential to groom our brows, i.e., remove unnecessary hairs from the brows and give it a very nice shape that is well-suited to the face. If you are like me that do not know how to groom her brows, you could always solicit professional help.
7. PIMPLES: The presence of pimples on some people’s face could be what makes them feel like they always have to wear make-up. Here is the solution: make sure to follow up a skin care regimen that would avoid pores from becoming blocked and also try to remove excess bacteria from the face always. Step 1, 2 and 3 are certain ways you could use for removal of excess bacteria. Also look for anti-spots skincare products that could help counter against pimples. If this does not work then you can always consider visiting the dermatologist.
8. LIPS: Smooth and full lips are often more attractive than dry looking ones. So do endeavor to hydrate and exfoliate your lips. Exfoliate it by rubbing a dampened toothbrush against it every day and hydrate by rubbing lip balm every day as well.
We do hope you get your desired natural look and keep looking up trensty for more fashion tips!!!