She just made Grammys history
Adele has made history by becoming the first musician to win album, song, and record of the year two times. She won this previous feat back in 2012.
Adele opened the show with her hit song “Hello”. She also performed twice on the Grammys stage to the delight of audience. She later went ahead to win the major awards at the 59th Annual Grammy Awards. The British singer, wore a stylish green dress by Givenchy Couture.
During her acceptance speech for record of the year, she passionately professed her admiration for fellow nominee, Beyoncé. She could not stop praising her “idol” Beyoncé who also won two awards for her lemonade album.
“I adore you and I want you to be my mommy,” Adele said.
Here are the awards she won in 2012
- Album of the year – “21”
- Best Pop Vocal album – “21”
- Song of the year – “Rolling in the deep”
- Best Pop Solo performance – “Someone like you”
- Record of the year – “Rolling in the deep”
- Best Short Form Music Video – “Rolling in the deep”
Here are the awards she won in 2017
- Album of the year – “25”
- Record of the year – “Hello”
- Best Pop Vocal album – “25”
- Song of the year – “Hello”
- Best Pop solo performance – “Hello”
Read this: Best dressed at the 2017 Grammys